Successful U.S. Strategies for China Companies
Sinn & Company can market your company and products
in the U.S.
William Wai-Chung Sinn, president of Sinn &
Company, was born in Hong Kong. He holds a degree
in mechanical engineering from the University of
Wisconsin, and a masters degree in mechanical engineering
from the University of Michigan. He also holds an
MBA in finance & management from Eastern Michigan
Sinn & Company was formed in 2004, to help
U.S. companies successfully develop business strategies
involving China as a purchasing source, a manufacturing
base and a marketing destination.
- Developed successful China strategies with
clients to source and manufacture in China by understanding
clients' business and their competitive advantages.
Resulting in growth of new business from clients’
- Successfully connected clients with intermediaries
and factories to source components in China. Reduced
costs ranging from 30 to 50% in a compressed time
- Worked with clients' operational staff and
China partners to organize and enhance their communication
skill, scheduling and logistical management
- Worked with clients and China suppliers
to develop quality plan and to control quality at
source in addition to protecting intellectual property.
- Helped clients establish alliance with Chinese
manufacturers. Introduced a line of opening price-point
products for the U.S. retail market.
Sinn was Vice President of Marketing and International
Operations for Actron Manufacturing Company –
a leading manufacturer of diagnostic tools and performance
instruments for the consumer and professional automotive
aftermarket. Distribution partners include Autozone,
Advance Auto, Pep Boys, Sears, NAPA, Snap-on Tools,
Mac Tools, Matco Tools, CTC.
- Principal architect to transform company
from engineering driven to market driven. Initiated
new brand identity and new packaging.
- Conducted market research and advertising
campaign to support new product launch.
- Acquired and managed new customers –
Snap-on, NAPA, Car Quest.
- Developed sourcing network in China, Taiwan
- Improved China operation quality, delivery,
inventory turn and cash flow.
He was General Manager of Sullair Corporation's
China Joint Venture start-up, with headquarters
and factory in Shenzhen and sales offices in Shanghai
and Beijing – Sullair is a world leading manufacturer
of rotary screw air compressors, vacuum pumps, air
dryers and construction air tools for the industrial
and construction markets. Distribution partners
include industrial air houses, construction equipment
distributors, Praxair, Air Liquide.
- Planned sales and distribution strategy
- Built new factory in South China
- Directed efforts to purchase components
locally in China
Sinn served as Director of Asia/Pacific Operations
for Campbell Hausfeld – a world leading manufacturer
and marketer of air compressors, air tools, powered
equipment and accessories for the consumer and commercial
markets. Distribution partners include Home Depot,
Lowes, Menards, Sears, NAPA, Grainger, CTC.
- Led team to source components and products
from Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China
- Established sales and service network throughout
- Initiated Joint Venture negotiations with
Japan, Taiwan, China and Venezuela
- Program manager of new product launch
- Engineering manager of industrial product division
Sinn was Project Engineer at General Motors, the
world's largest manufacturer of passenger vehicles.
- Supervised torque converter development
project for new front wheel drive vehicles, program
launched on time and became the launching pad for
Saturn vehicle. Offered to lead continuously variable
Sinn & Company would be honored to represent
your company and your company's products and services
to his U.S. clients and other companies in North
Please contact William Sinn
for more information.
Sinn & Company LLC
23 Lyman Circle
Shaker Heights, Ohio